Saturday, August 27, 2016

Emmy Wang, Entry #5, Final Week

My last week at the lab was a little more quiet since I had finished my project and was just working on my presentation and poster. On Tuesday I presented to my lab and afterwards we had a little cake and coffee to celebrate. I was a little nervous talking about a topic that I had been learning about for a couple months to people who had been studying it in depth for years, but everyone was very receptive and supportive of my work and data. There are four new masters students in the lab and the students from last year have come back to teach them the techniques and help get their projects started, so I have been observing them. Their projects include calcium imaging and odor stimulation, which have been very interesting to watch.

Working with the images from the confocal
One of the things I will miss the most from my time at the lab will definitely be eating lunch every day around the big table in the lab and talking. On Thursday the guest researcher from Russia played us some songs with my PI's guitar which was really nice to hear. It is sad that my 6 weeks have quickly come to an end but I have definitely learned a lot and really enjoyed my experience. It was quite a small lab so I got the chance to get to know everyone, especially my PI. I will for sure come back and visit if I get the chance and my lab is excited to hear about my future plans. I'll also miss Trondheim, although the day I left it started pouring rain and the temperature really dropped so I think I got out just in time. 

My PI Dr. Berg


No comments:

Post a Comment