Saturday, August 20, 2016

Tanvi Dange, Entry #5, The End

On Friday, August 19, 2016, I officially finished my 6 weeks at the Franz Lab at Duke University. During my last week, I made one last checkboard assay, but this time I tested more metals than copper (iron, zinc, and silver), and I also tested lower concentrations of copper.

Last time in the cell lab :(

I updated my poster with the data from my new experiments during the last couple days and before I knew it, it was Friday afternoon, and it was time for me to pack up my stuff and drive down to Georgia. I can't believe it's been 6 weeks since I first stepped foot onto Duke's campus. I guess time flies when you're having fun because time went by too quickly. I want to thank Dr. Peretz and Dr. Venanzi for accepting me into the EXP program and for always believing in me. I would also like to thank Dr. Franz for allowing me to join her lab and making me feel so welcome. Finally I want to thank Lizzie White aka the best graduate student mentor I've ever had. Thank you for always answering my questions, being patient with me, and showing me the best pizza place in Durham! I've learned so many skills and met so many great people in the Franz lab that I feel so confident for what the future holds!  

Lizzie, Abbey, Jacqueline and I i front of the BEAUTIFUL Duke chapel. I'm going to miss seeing it everyday.


No comments:

Post a Comment