Thursday, August 4, 2016

Joe Yuan @ The Mason Lab: Post #5: The Finale.

So, this two month journey has come to an end.


What started with panic and confusion ended with one final explanation of why CD79 ACP was used in my CD19 flow cytometry stains. Although my projects during my time at the Mason lab were not groundbreakingly successful, I was able to learn more than I ever could in a classroom setting. From creating a plasmid to transducing cells, I had a very comprehensive laboratory experience.

I want to thank everyone who's made this possible:

Dr. Peretz and Dr. Venanzi, whose instruction and guidance enabled me to jump into a research lab and come out without blowing the whole thing up.

My PennVet Grad students, Sri and Meg, whose humorous remarks and friendly spirit made my days with excellent power point presentations and sarcastic comments about maxi prep columns.

My cats and dog diarrhea mentor Martha, whose working spirit and love for the animals is inspiring and unbeatable despite having to deal with Lincoln's butt situation and only surviving on glucose.

The in lab magician and fantastically sarcastic PhD student Kazim, whose guidance and humor saved my summer from catastrophe. And I loved the framed photo of my mega prep, that's going in my dorm room.

And of course, Dr. Nicola Mason, who was kind enough to take me into the world of a clinician scientists and walk me through the process of creating new solutions to some of the most important issues in canine and human medicine today.

I just want to thank you all for being a part of my summer. Thanks Chris for being an amazing roommate and partner in crime for our days in Philly. And I hope everyone else in Philly is having or already had a time as great as I did.



Ala Viva,
Joe Yuan

Bonus Cats:





No comments:

Post a Comment