Sunday, June 26, 2016

Ian Loeb, Entry #2, The Grind

As my lab experience continues to further, I feel the increase in both workload and difficulty. Not only have I installed and began to get familiar with MatLab, but I am also currently trying to integrate the correct individual 3D brain images so that they highlight only the individual region being hovered over. Dr. Kutch has also asked me to begin to look at user interface, for example having a single click rotate the 3D image and a double click open the wikipedia link can be confusing, as if you click too quickly the wikipedia link will accidentally pop up. As a solution I've started looking into a click-hold or keyboard event that could trigger the wikipedia link. The updated chord chart, with live data and the correct individual 3D diagram is shown below:
As seen in the picture above, when the region is highlighted, there is no longer a place-holder image with every single connection mapped out, rather the correct connection pertaining the the individual region being hovered over.

Other than working, we've been going to the beach on the weekends, having numerous divine dinners, and just in general enjoying the California life. Danny and I even made a new friend, who you can see a picture of on Danny's first blog post. We regularly grab lunch together, and talk about our work and what we do each day. Mrs. Terhaar's visit was also lovely. She came around our individual labs and although it was a bit hard to communicate since I accidentally gave her the wrong number, we were able to coordinate and found her alright. I showed her around my lab, and introduced her to Dr. Kutch. She then took us out to a much appreciated free dinner with all the LA EXPers, which was very enjoyable. All in all, my experience has only gotten better, and more memorable.

No comments:

Post a Comment