Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Nicole Trovato, Entry #4, Starting Over

Slides that did not work :(
Today is officially the halfway point of my time at the lab, and unfortunately it is also the day I restart my project! After looking at my slides with the ConFocal microscope, it appears that the staining with CGRP and synaptophysin did not work properly. This could be for a number of reasons, but for now I am going to redo the same process with 5 micron slices instead of 60, and with 17 and 21 week old lungs instead of the 15, 16, 17, and 18 week old slides. Hopefully after these new slides are done it will become clear what the issue with the original slides was.

Cooling the new slides

Aside from the first slides not working out, things have been great! I have been reading a lot of articles in my free time on neuroendocrine cells in lungs and have also been watching Emma take pictures of her slides. Her most recent slides look really great under the florescent microscope! Denise has also had her two twin boys with her in the lab, so it's been fun to have them around :)

No comments:

Post a Comment