Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Sai William Ma, Entry #2, Solid Second Week


During my second week, my work expanded upon my foundations from the first week. For CSRP, I am now learning data cleaning on a program called spss, which is essential for data processing later on. I've never learned computer programming before but I believe I can handle this (I watched a lot of youtube videos on data cleaning.) For the Meta-analysis project, I am screening papers based on whether there are measures for self-regulation in the methods. My efficiency is starting to improve by time. Also, there are a lot of articles in Chinese, so I'll probably go through some of those later on. Lastly, I am reading a lot of papers for my individual project. As of now, I am sure that I will be doing a small-scale literature review on some papers on psycology, but I am still not sure about the specific topic I want to do. Under the supervision of Dr. Sulik, who is extremely helpful and kind, I am reading a lot of papers to figure out the topic I would like to research, which is likely to happen by the end of next week. I have already read 6 articles last week, and I have four more for this week. This is how much I'll need to read in essentially two half-days (other times I'll be working on CSRP or Meta-analysis):
  (Double-sided)
Luckily I don't need to understand every word since I'm looking for ideas.
Special thanks to Dr. Peretz and Dr. Venanzi for training me to read articles for EXP :)

No comments:

Post a Comment