Thursday, July 14, 2016

Aisha Kumar Entry #5 Last Week

My final week in the lab, things quickly started to wind down as i mainly just finished up my poster with one of the post-docs Amy. I took more pictures of the slides i stained a few weeks ago to make sure different areas of the brain are represented clearly.
Yesterday another post doc, Cassandra showed me a project she was working on, where she was observing a live mouse's brain under anesthesia. She injected the mouse with something which would show the red blood cells move through the vessels. The main purpose of this was to observe how the size/shape of the vessel changes with a small electrical stimuli to the leg of the mouse. This microscope is worth over a million dollars, and they let me take a picture of the action.

I can't believe its already been 6 weeks! I learned so much more about a topic which is so interesting to me, and i am so grateful that i got to experience what it is really like to do work in a science lab. My parents just flew in, and i am excited to show them around LA for a few days, then I'm back to NJ!

No comments:

Post a Comment