Sunday, July 17, 2016

Chris Fu, Entry #5: Machine Learning

Last week, I began work on machine learning code. My task is to create a network of data regarding positions of atoms in 3D. Each time, an angle and bond length will be slightly changed, and we will measure the distribution of charge within the system. Once we've developed enough data points, we will then use statistics to determine the charge distribution of other structures using the data as a baseline. To do so, my grad student and I are preparing a python code that can store a matrix of the data, then perform ridge regression to predict other values.

Other than that, there's not much to talk about. I made myself dinner a few times, and Joe, Nick and I met for dinner. The Schulykill trail and Franklin Field are fantastic places to go on runs. I plan on visiting some of the libraries on campus this week, and hopefully seeing a few more museums while I'm here. Have a nice day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment