Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Ian Loeb, Entry #5, Wrapping it Up

With my EXP experience coming to a close, I can say I feel a great deal of sorrow and remorse. It was indeed the experience of a lifetime. The independence and overall experience opened my eyes to a lifestyle I have yet to experience, and has given me a taste of one that I could definitely see myself having in the future. Although the work was in no way all fun and games, and sometimes could be tedious beyond measure, it was one of the most enjoyable work experiences I had, mostly because of the gratification, but also because of the overall enjoyment I had every day.

While 6 weeks seemed like ages before I arrived in California, the time passed quicker than I could have ever anticipated. Before I knew it, my project was almost ready for posting, and the ending was in sight. While I was working, I regret not taking the time to appreciate the opportunity I had been given, and not savoring every minute I had. It's not until my experience ended that I truly saw how lucky I was to have this experience. Yet on the upside, I have gained knowledge as to what I enjoy doing, and how I would like to tackle future endeavors, and which direction to point future experiences in.

I would like to thank Dr. Peretz and Dr. Venanzi for giving me this opportunity, and opening my eyes to a world I would not have expected to enjoy, nor would have experienced otherwise. It has truly been a wonderful experience, and I hope to have more like it in the future.

2 comments:

  1. So glad it was a good learning experience for you! I am sure the lab will miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad it was a good learning experience for you! I am sure the lab will miss you.

    ReplyDelete