Sunday, July 17, 2016

Masa, Entry#5, The Finish Line

With a heavy heart I recently completed my final day at the lab. Over the past six weeks, I have truly learned so much not only about science, but also about working and living alone in a city. At the Hussaini lab I was able to watch cutting edge technique used to learn more about a devastating disease, as well as do my part in furthering the research. By being in a lab for such a long time, I have begun to realize just how tedious yet rewarding science can be. Papers can take months and years to write, only to be criticized and turned back by editors. Experiments can takes ages to set up and complete, only to yield insignificant results. No matter how time consuming, however, the end result is always positive for science and humanity as we increase our knowledge and ability to combat horrible diseases that blight our world.

I would like to thank everyone at the lab, especially Eden, Gus, Matt, and Dr. Hussaini for being there whenever I needed to teach me a new skill or give me some tips on my work. Thanks also for giving me the opportunity to watch different procedures done and answering any questions that I had, as well as taking a chance on letting me work at the lab. I hope that I have been able to contribute something towards the lab's research, and that we can perhaps work together again in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment