Friday, July 15, 2016

William Ma, Entry #5, Last day at the lab :(((((((((((((((

Hey guys. It's 5:19 pm. My EXP summer experience has come to an end, and I will leave in a couple of minutes. I feel a lot right now. Six weeks I've spent here; I worked, and I laughed; But most importantly, I learned. I have just finished my own literature review a couple of minutes ago. In the past six weeks, I've gone through about 100 papers for meta-analysis, learned to do data cleaning on SPSS, created a manual for CSRP assessors and the children, helped in writing letters to the children's families, and in the last two and a half weeks, wrote a 3090 word paper by myself (Dr. Sulik provided feedback, but I did all the researching and writing alone). Now, I'm done with everything. In fact, I did more than I planned to do. I came here expecting to only work on CSRP, but ended up doing two more difficult tasks besides CSRP. I feel lucky to be able to undertake the trio of projects, because thinking back, I have learnt much more than I could have learnt by working on only one project. I've attended three presentations in my six weeks. Some were more serious than others, but all of them are very interesting and enlightening.


This is pretty much all I've got for you guys. It's 5:35, time to go. I will miss here, but who knows, I might come back here next summer, as an undergrad :)

No comments:

Post a Comment