Wednesday, July 6, 2016

John Bokman, Entry #3, New Projects

My first project is coming to a close as I wrap up the remaining problems with my program. The main issue is that my mentor wants me to design a more complicated error detection system than I am experienced with, but I am starting to figure it out. In the mean time, I am beginning two new projects, for both of which I am grateful to have Dr. Gabrieli as my mentor. The first is a literature review group in which we will be looking to identify the effectiveness of certain dyslexia treatment programs and the predictability of such effectiveness. In the second project, the other high schooler and I will be attempting to use machine learning to create a model the efficiently correlates behavioral data to intervention success in a particular study with the hope of being able to predict the success of future interventions. I have only a week left and I have no idea how this is going to work out, so let's go for it.


Sunset on the 4th of July by the Charles River

While the lab has been really fun. I am also having a great time out in Boston as well. This weekend I went and saw the fireworks and Boston Pops by the Charles River. It was absolutely beautiful and just a fun event to go to. At the end of the show, as everyone walked home, the streets were completely overtaken by the crowds and there were no cars, so I could just walk down the middle of a city street, which was strange but kind of cool. It was a nice night and I really like this city. I hope everyone takes the time to go here at some point or another.

No comments:

Post a Comment