Friday, July 15, 2016

Ian Loeb, Entry #4, Nearing the End

As the end of my time in the lab draws near, the work load continues to increase. Dr. Kutch has gauged my work and determined that he can begin to unload more onto my plate. The model has come a long way, as we've implemented past trial data to model a future experiment. By using MatLab to generate the individual brain connection images from a matrix of data, we have been able to load 20 views of each connection, in addition to a base image holding all of the connections.

The base image was its own entity, and therefore not embedded within the code of the chord chart, making it a particular challenge to code the fade-in fade-out functions, and making the code for the rotation of the diagram more complex than any code I had dealt with thus far. However, through assigning the image an ID, and by numerous trials, I finally was able to use the .on("click" and .on("mouseout functions to make it happen. I've also been continuing to come up with more ideas for future additions that would hopefully make this diagram more user-friendly and efficient for viewers.

It's quite amazing how in such a long time has passed so quickly. It seems as if just yesterday we arrived in California, nervous EXP students, anxious for their first day working in a lab. The transformation has been drastic yet rapid. My remaining time will be thoroughly savored, and I honestly hope I have plenty of experiences like this to come in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment