Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Ian Loeb, Entry #3, Stretching My Brain

We are now past the half way mark of my time working at UCLA, and I would like to think I have quite a bit to show for it. However, most of the work I have been doing has been me executing my PI's ideas, or helping him come up with some improvements to implement. However, my PI has seen fit to bestow upon me the task of "wowing" him. Not only am I to navigate the world of javascript without his supervision, but I am also to come up with an original idea that will not only make the visualization more efficient, but give it an extra aesthetic appeal. Needless to say, the week ahead will be interesting, yet exceptionally challenging. I look forward to seeing what I am able to produce.

Outside of work, I have been rather enjoying myself. The California weather is great, so I've been heading out to the beach almost every weekend. I have also been sampling many different restaurants, trying to get a taste of everything. So far, it feels as if I have been so immersed in my experience that time has just flown by. Now that I've stopped to think about how we are already half way done, it actually makes me quite sad. I am hopeful that the final weeks will be just as enjoyable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment