Wednesday, July 13, 2016

John Bokman, Entry #4, Finishing up

Atrium image
The McGovern Institute of Brain Research

I have now begun to really get into the machine learning project I began earlier this week. It is frustrating that I feel like my work is just beginning, but I am already almost out of time here. In the past week the undergrad, the other high school student, and I have spent a lot of time analyzing the behavioral data from the intervention study. Mostly we have been deciding which measures were ideal and preparing the data for the machine learning process we plan to complete this week. In addition, we have also been given brain measures to work with as well, which is an entirely different problem that we are just looking at now. Hopefully, when we redraw our correlations with the brain measures included will give us have enough cohesive data with which to make a model.

In order to make time for this project, I have had to put my other incomplete programming project aside. I have all the problems worked out with the code I just need to commit a half a day to writing that I just don't have. I would really like to finish it before I leave on Friday but that is making for a very tight schedule.

Also, the literature review group I am a part of met a couple of days ago and presented to Dr. Gabrieli our findings on more patient specific treatment effectiveness for dyslexia interventions. I spent most of my time researching mindfulness and auditory interventions and presented those strategies.

It is crazy how fast the six weeks have gone by, and I feel like I still have so much to do. I am just going to try and make the best of the remaining time I have here.

No comments:

Post a Comment